Employment Law & Human Resources Consulting
Providing "preventative" employment–related legal advice and human resources services to local businesses in north central Arizona
- Advice on how to handle difficult employee issues.
- Guidance on how to navigate through complicated laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Review and development of employment applications, policies and handbooks.
- Legal compliance audits, focusing on all aspects of the employment process (recruiting, hiring, pay practices, required postings, job assignment practices, corrective action, and separations from employment).
- Investigation of sensitive workplace issues.
- Responding on behalf of employers to government agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Arizona Civil Rights Division or U.S. Department of Labor
- Mediating workplace disputes.
- Planning and implementing acquisitions or reductions–in–force.
- Anti-harassment and discrimination training.
- Management leadership training.
- Delivering "union avoidance" management training and implementing positive workplace practices to make it less likely that employees will seek out unions.
- Other workplace training.
- Developing performance management tools.
- Assisting employers with management succession planning.
- Speaking to groups about employment law topics.
- Other employment law and human resources assistance.
Laura's legal services are proactive in nature; focusing on preventing employers from getting into trouble, not defending them in litigation. She does not offer litigation services; however, she will ensure a smooth transition to another lawyer if a matter that she has worked on for a client subsequently results in litigation.